Friday, March 03, 2006

IntelliJ IDEA 5175

Yah! Finally, an EAP build of what will become IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 that is usable for me. The previous EAP build (5162) had two problems for me:

  1. It threw exceptions a lot.
  2. Fatally, 5162 corrupted project settings files.

But the new 5175 build works great.

I like the newer way of handling views borrowed from Eclipse (I presume) but without the klunkiness feel of Eclipse perspectives (although the J2EE portion has some kinds to iron out: I get the J2EE view twice in the drop list).

I also see lib/emma.jar and lib/emma-agent.jar new with 5175 (perhaps also with 5162, but not in 5131). I have not found any UI yet for unit test code coverage, but it looks like IDEA is heading that direction.

Lastly, I also noticed lib/rt/org.eclipse.jdt.core.jar which is not in 5.1. I wonder what JetBrains is up to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eclipse stuff is there for eclipse compiler use
m.j.milicevic