Thursday, January 27, 2005

SourceForge.net: XPlanner-IDEA version 0.6.5

Yet another cool plugin for IntelliJ IDEA: XPlanner. The latest improvements (as of 0.6.5):

  • Autopause working task after the specified period of inactivity
  • Open corresponding web page when double-click on task or story
  • Extended task filtering. Ability to view own tasks, own pending tasks, all tasks and not accepted (free) tasks
  • Ability to accept free task or reject own task

IntelliJ IDEA is for me still the best development environment for XP work.

2 comments:

Michael said...

How do you like XPlanner? I've been playing around with it now and then, and I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Other people I've talked to seem the same way.

How 'bout you?

Brian Oxley said...

I'm not getting to use it on my current project, but I used it on my last two. It's nicely lightweight, its chief benefit. Further integration would be good, and projects like IDEA integration are a nice touch. I'd like to see it hooked up to JIRA (plus the IDEA integration for JIRA) to see what the full effect is like.

What drawbacks have you experienced?