I just made my first release of SmoothMetal, 1.1. The release notes are simple:
Version 1.1 of SmoothMetal has just been released. What's new?
- Compilable with JDK 1.4.2.
- Tested with JDK6 beta.
- Smooth borders of internal frames, internal dialogs and color palettes with SmoothMetal.
- Update demo app to demonstrate the new smoothings.
- Show demo app with a JDK default border rather than the native platform border to demonstrate smooth frames better.
- In demo app toggling anti-alias and font metrics rebuilds the UI from the top-level pane down, not just refreshing it. Smoothed fonts often have somewhat different metrics than unsmoothed, and the layout is imperfect otherwise.
This is the first release from me, as I am usually stuck on Windows when in a coporate environment, or when writing WebStart applications which run on Windows. (Notice a theme here?)
I made the error of dropping James Shiell a line so he added me to the SourceForge project as an admin. Serves me right.
Please drop me a line if you would like to see something about SmoothMetal changed.