Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SmoothMetal 1.1

I just made my first release of SmoothMetal, 1.1. The release notes are simple:

Version 1.1 of SmoothMetal has just been released. What's new?

  • Compilable with JDK 1.4.2.
  • Tested with JDK6 beta.
  • Smooth borders of internal frames, internal dialogs and color palettes with SmoothMetal.
  • Update demo app to demonstrate the new smoothings.
  • Show demo app with a JDK default border rather than the native platform border to demonstrate smooth frames better.
  • In demo app toggling anti-alias and font metrics rebuilds the UI from the top-level pane down, not just refreshing it. Smoothed fonts often have somewhat different metrics than unsmoothed, and the layout is imperfect otherwise.

This is the first release from me, as I am usually stuck on Windows when in a coporate environment, or when writing WebStart applications which run on Windows. (Notice a theme here?)

I made the error of dropping James Shiell a line so he added me to the SourceForge project as an admin. Serves me right.

Please drop me a line if you would like to see something about SmoothMetal changed.

1 comment:

swankjesse said...

Looks hot. Good work.