Courtesy of Naresh Jain comes J B Rainsberge's list of 10 things to stop doing or he will bury you alive in a box (about 1hr30m of video), a really delightful presentation on agile.
For the impatient, the list (which is only about half the presentation):
- Stop writing comments that describe what the code does
- Stop working in code bases with compile errors
- Stop insisting that writing the tests after is just as good as writing the tests before
- Stop insisting that evolutionary design leads to poor architecture
- Stop writing tests for "coverage"
- Stop arguing about whether a story is done
- Stop trying to increase your velocity
- Stop breaking up working teams
- Stop acting as though agile is "what the project teams do"
- Stop telling your people to "go agile" on their own
Go watch the whole thing, and please, Stop It.