Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Able hands

It's official: Linus is handing off the 2.6 kernel to Andrew Morton:

From: Linus Torvalds [email blocked]
To: Kernel Mailing List [email blocked]
Subject: Beaver in Detox!
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:55:00 -0800 (PST)


Ok,
 for everybody who thought "stoned beaver" wasn't an appropriate name for
a kernel (yeah, I'm sure IBM really minds my naming scheme, and is deathly
afraid it will scare away customers), I'm happy to tell you that the
beaver just went into detox, and I'm taking the Thanksgiving weekend off.

I give you "Beaver in Detox", aka linux-2.6.0-test11. This is mainly
brought on by the fact that the old aic7xxx driver was broken in -test10,
and Ingo found this really evil test program that showed an error case in
do_fork() that we had never handled right. Well, duh!

While at it, this also pulls in some firewire fixes and a few potential
skbuff leakage points.

Please don't even bother sending me patches, because I'll be stuffing my
face away from email over the next few days. And after that it will be up
to Andrew to say how to go on from here.

Mmmm. Turkey.


		Linus

No comments: